Monday, March 9, 2009

Trouble

I'm having trouble figuring out how to utilize some of these new webtools we're learning about in class. Animoto seems like a neat way for the kids to do a getting-to-know-you activity introducing themself to the class, but I am without ideas for Voicethread. I just don't see what practical use it might have in my classroom. I'm happy to be learning about all these new gagets, but some of them seem more useful and practical for my personal internet usage rather than in my classroom. Hopefully, I will learn more specific uses for some of these tools during the rest of our classes.

4 comments:

  1. It can be difficult to find the academic use of these tools. The best thing is to be comfortable with the technology yourself, and then you can think about how this thing benefits you and see if that's applicable to your classroom. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that there are lots of wonderful things that students can do with these applications, but I don't know how much heavy lifting it gets them to do. Storytelling doesn't interest me that much unless it is in the form of a formal writing assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the voice thread... but have found that the shared presentation would be a cool authentic assessment of a unit (vs all this test taking). It makes it easier so that group members don't have to meet to work toghether, but can work from their own homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree about some of the tools not really seeming useful... but the more comfortable we are with them, maybe the more ways we might be able to integrate them in the future. Also, knowing one might lead to the introduction of an even more useful tool.

    ReplyDelete