Monday, March 23, 2009

My Literature Circle Website

So! I made a website. I know. This is very unlike me. I am not a vidiot, I have a perfectly acceptable level of computer savvy, but I generally shy away from technology. And yet I made and website and am reporting about it on my Blog. Hardy har har.

The website I made is for my Literature Circle Project for my Junior English classes. It's called Literature Circles. I'm pretty stoked on it and I think it's going to be really useful. Plus, it forced me to get the project tightened up and off the ground sooner than I would have otherwise. Technology is great!

The site is:

http://sites.google.com/site/prettolitcircles/Home

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lexie

    You've created a very workable and sensible approach to posting assignments (I think this is what I was going for with my site as well). I'd be curious to hear how you'd incorporate Google Groups or Docs to make the process more interactive.

    Nels

    P.S. Good luck with that map embedding thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie!

    Great job on your website--your map looks great!! I like that you can put your site on the Smart Board so that students can constantly refer back to it. I wonder what we can do to get our students to use the websites more actively (i.e., can they be motivated??). We'll have to talk about it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexie, you go, girl. Excellent for your first attempt. Can I join one of your circles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literature circles are so complex, between the multiple roles and expectation I find myself shying away from the activity because it can take a lot of time to front-load and maintain. However, your website looks like it is a step in the direction of simplifies Lit. Circles. Your directions are clear and I like your images - they are soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lexie,
    Your website is great! I like the idea of having Literature Circles on line. And the fact that kids can/should post comments allows you to see all the comments in one setting/site.
    By the way, I applaud you for creating the site and already using it with your kids,
    C. Marina Junqueira

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked how you incorporated the google maps into your page. What a great looking site.

    ReplyDelete